Rarest of Rare : History
The Statue of Liberty under construction in Paris in 1884
Like/Share This Pic
- The Statue of Liberty under construction in Paris in 1884
- In 1972, as part of the Apollo 16 mission to the moon, astronaut Charles Duke shot a picture of a photo of himself, his wife, and his two sons which was enclosed in plastic on the moon’s surface, where it remains to this day.
- Drug kingpin Pablo Escobar and his son stand in front of The White House in the early 1980s.
- In 1947, 23-year-old Evelyn McHale jumped from the observation deck of the Empire State Building onto a limousine which was parked below.
- Helen Keller meets Charlie Chaplin in Hollywood in 1919.
- These are Titanic survivors boarding the Carpathia in 1912.
- Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa is returned to the Louvre after WWII
- Allied forces mock Hitler from atop his balcony at the Reich Chancellery at the end of WWII.
- This is a manninquin from an atomic bomb test site in Nevada during the mid-50s.
- The Beatles walking in the opposite direction during the Abbey Road album cover photoshoot.
- This is Queen Elizabeth during her WWII service.
- Here are cameramen shooting and recording the lion roar for the MGM logo.
- This is a young Osama Bin Laden with his family in Sweden during the 1970s. Bin Laden is second from the right in a green shirt and blue pants.
- A priest praying over the victims of the Titanic (1912)
- The first “The Apple”, India’s first satellite being transported manually.
- Circumcision was used by Pakistani soldiers to identify Hindus during Bangladesh’s War of Independence (1971)
- Elephants know how to have fun. Just ask Queenie, the first one to water surf (circa 1950)
- Back in 1956, a PanAm plane was needed to to transport a 5 MB hard drive.
- The 1937 “walking machine” tested wear on shoes (1937).
- Police chasing skinny dippers.
- The only known photo of Abraham Lincoln’s second inaugural address. John Wilkes Booth can actually be seen in the center of the top row of the top platform (March 4, 1865)
- The glasses John Lennon wore when he was assassinated (1980)
- The very first individual to be captured on film. Bet Hannah Stiley wishes she smiled a little.
- Human-size chess game with actual soldiers in St. Petersburg, Russia (1924).
- Battlefield casualties at Gettysburg. (1863)
- San Francisco Earthquake (1906)
- The Assassination of Martin Luther King Jr. (1968)
- The Falling Man is a photograph taken by Associated Press photographer Richard Drew of a man falling from the North Tower of the World Trade Center at 9:41:15 a.m. during the September 11 attacks
- Is any description required!?!
- William Harley ja Arthur Davidson 1914 year. Harley Davidson company was founded 1903 year, World War I increased the demand for motorcycles
- Bill Gates’i politseifoto 1977 In a license for driving
- Muhammad Ali and Michael Jordan in 1992
- 1925 – Camp Nou Stadium, Barcelona
- 1923 – Match box Yankee Stadium in New York.
- 1968 – Arnold Schwarzernegger for the first time in New York
- Albert Einstein on the porch of your furry slippers. Even geniuses like cute stuff!
- John F. Kennedy koos Marilyn Monroe’ga
- Osama Bin Laden and his friends judo trainings
- The Statue of Liberty (Statue of Liberty) moments before sending to America
- 1912 – The last known picture of the Titanic
- Charlie Chaplin with Albert Einstein
- Walt Disney's Mickey one of the first drawings of murine
- 1945 – Nagasaki bombing by the US. The picture shows a woman, les miraculously lived in the bombing of the!
- Vladimir Putin as a teenager
- Johnny Depp young
- Muhammad Ali is trying to persuade a man, who's trying to kill himself
- The last Beatles concert
- 1980-to arvutireklaam
- 1880’dad – goes met the Eiffel Tower Building
- Teenager Barack Obama
- Ghandi visits London
- Steven Spielberg jokes his cult movie Jaws (Jaws) filming
- Elvis Presley during his service in the U.S. Army
- The First Google Team in 1999
- One of the first photos that was taken inside of Hitler's bunker (Führerbunker) in 1945 by Allied soldiers
- Arnold Schwarzenegger on the day he recieved his American citizenship
- Madonna, Sting and Tupac hanging out
- Einstein's office at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton, New Jersey, photographed on the day of his death, April 18, 1955
- The Beatles meet Muhammed Ali
- The original Ronald clown of McDonald's. 1963
- Times Square, New York, 1911
- The Infamous Assassination of Mahatma Gandhi - This photo was taken just before he was shot by the man, Nathuram Godse, touching his feet. January 30, 1948, India
- Joseph Goebbels on his wedding day. Hitler was his best man and can be seen behind him in a trench coat and top hat.
- The Man That Refused To Give The Nazi Salute, 1936
- Painting The Eiffel Tower, 1932
- 106-year-old Armenian Woman Guards Home
- Albert Einstein, Summer 1939 Nassau Point, Long Island
- Measuring Bathing Suits, If They Were Too Short, Women Would Be Fined, 1920’s
- The last known Tasmanian Tiger (now extinct) photographed in 1933
- Leo Tolstoy telling a story to his grandchildren in 1909
- Adolf Hitler’s pants after the failed assassination attempt at Wolf’s Lair in 1944
- Carl Akeley posed with the leopard he killed with his bare hands after it attacked him, 1896
- An opium den in Singapore, 1941
- Leo as a young kid.
- Barack Obama In His Childhood
- Shakira posts a TBT picture of her younger self for the International Women's Day
- Statue Under Wraps 1984
- Third Avenue Elevated Train in Lower Manhattan New York-1908
- Helen Keller in Hollywood, being asked by Charlie Chaplin if she likes him, 1918
- Newly-built Los Angeles City Hall, buzzed by a Ford Tri-Motor airplane, 1928
- Rare photograph of Churchill and Roosevelt at 1943 Casablanca Conference
- Henry Ford, Thomas Edison, and Harvey Firestone, respectively. Ft. Myers, Florida, February 11, 1929
- Rare Picture of Ray Charles and Ronald Reagan
- Alexander Graham Bell Family Photograph
- When most beautiful woman met Madela during the Miss World pageant
- In 1900, George R. Lawrence built this mammoth 900 lb. camera, then the world's largest, for $5,000 (enough to purchase a large house at that time!)
- Slumdogs: The sight of Italian immigrant families in New York on Jersey Street
- Former US president and civil war general Ulysses S Grant meets Chinese viceroy Li Hung Chang in Tianjin, 1879
- Earliest known photograph of the Taj Mahal - 1858
- This picture was taken in the early 1900's, and shows the Damascus Gate in Jerusalem
- A woman uses an exercise bike (left) on the Titanic
- Lynching of Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith. They were arrested as suspects for a robbery, murder and rape, Later all charges were taken off, because the girlfriend (Mary Ball) of the murdered man testified she was never raped.
- Hotel owner pouring acid in the pool while black people swim in it, 1964. This happened at the Monson Motor Lodge.
- This is bombed London in 1940. A little girl is sitting in the ruins of a building with her dolly.
- Testing bullet proof vest 1923. Because this is how they tested things back in the days - on humans
- During the Vietnam War, Eddie Adams photographed Gen. Nguyen Ngoc Loan, a South Vietnamese police chief, killing Viet Cong suspect Nguyen Van Lem on a Saigon street during the early stages of the Tet Offensive in 1968.
- Associated Press photographer Nick Ut photographed terrified children running from the site of a napalm attack during the Vietnam War in 1972
- Two days after President John F. Kennedy was killed in 1963, Dallas nightclub owner Jack Ruby gunned down Lee Harvey Oswald, the alleged assassin.
- Kevin Carter's 1993 photograph of a starving child in southern Sudan brought him worldwide attention -- and criticism. Carter said the girl reached a nearby feeding center after he drove the vulture off, but questions persisted about why he didn' t carry her there himself.